HeliSAS Autopilot & Stability Augmentation
In the event that a pilot loses visual reference due to limited visibility, releasing the cyclic causes the helicopter to automatically recover to a near-level attitude.
- Flight qualified equipment.
- Fail-safe architecture.
- F O Engineering designed and full production.
- Built-in IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit).
- Dual processor controls & monitors system reliability.
- DO-178B Level A software quality certified.
Space Ship Two – Analog Horizontal Stabilizer Controller
- F O Engineering provides complete shipset:
– Primary Analog Controller (2 Each)
– Secondary Analog Controller (2 Each)
- Units control vehicle roll, pitch and roll boost/trim.
- Build to print units.
- F O Engineering is controller design authority.
- Re-engineering required for hardware obsolescence.
Stratolaunch Actuation Subsystems
- Subsystems included:
– Nose and Main landing gear steering
– Landing gear extension and retraction
– Pilot and co-pilot electric braking
- Hardware included:
– Command Distribution Unit (CDU)
– Common Actuation Module (CAM)
– Rotary Electromechanical Actuator (EMA)
- F O Engineering developed all architecture
- F O Engineering designed all hardware and firmware
- F O Engineering is the primary subsystems integrator
- DO-178B Level B processes were followed for software verification
- RTCA DO-160E certified hardware
DP-12 Rhino Next Generation Actuator and Actuator Controls
- Main Rotor and Throttle controls for the DP-12
- F O Engineering provided key actuator design input:
- Sizing and optimization of Motor and Gear Train
- All control law and performance analysis
- High performance digital controller
- Unique PCBA integrated position sensor
- RS-485 and RC PWM Command options
Falcon 900 Airbrakes 2 Inhibit Controller
Designed for Falcon 900 commercial AC
- Inhibits 2nd speed brakes above 320 knots
- Protects against wing overloading associated with the addition of a winglet kit
DO-160F Qualified to combination of external and internal environment
DO-178B, level C Software Certified
- All of the Software Certification effort was accomplished by F O Engineering
- Effort was actually to Level B because of independent coding and testing resources
Bell 429 Landing Gear Controls
- Cockpit control panel, LG Actuator Controllers
- Fully qualified and certified by Transport Canada
- Single board designs, volumetric efficiency
- Success of this system is now leveraged into other landing gear designs